PES *DB Ultrafiltration Hollow Fiber Membranes
Ultrafiltration is a low-pressure membrane process, capable of removing colloidal materials, fine suspensions, bacteria, virus, suspended solids and large molecular weight organic materials depending on the Molecular Weight cutoff of the membrane.
Matrix Membranes Inc. Ultrafiltration Hollow Fiber Element Modules are specially manufactured utilizing different fiber diameters and pore sizes. Made from polyethersulfone (PES) a hydrophilic, chemically stable polymer capable of operating in aggressive environments. Matrix Ultrafiltration Hollow Fibers have separation layers on both sides of the fiber (double skinned) and can be operated bi-directionally.
HF *DB Ultrafiltration Membrane Module Features
- Tolerant of oxidants, chlorine, chlorine dioxide, hydrogen peroxide, ozone
- Stable with a wide range of cleaning chemicals and in aggressive environments
- Reduced energy costs, high productivity
- Made up of resistant hydrophilic polymers that have low fouling effects
- Stable at wide range of pH
- Double-skin feature offers operating flexibility for both "Inside-out" and "Outside-in" configurations
- Back-flushable; extending production run time between cleaning
- Bulk fibers available for purchase
- Custom made elements
- Municipal Wastewater tertiary filtration for water reuse applications
- Alternate technology for tertiary filtration of municipal drinking water
- RO systems pretreatment:
A: Ultra-pure water pretreatment for power plant, Semiconductor and Pharmaceutical industries
B: Desalination of sea water
- Potable Water, 6 log reduction of Bacteria, Cysts and reduce turbidity (Determined by Independent Laboratory Tests)
* DB = Dual Barrier
Note: We supply bulk fibers.